- Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Texas Teacher Certificate appropriate for level and/or subject area of assignment.
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned. General knowledge of curriculum and instruction. Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior. Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- At least one year student teaching or approved internship.